The 116 Helpline
This is a telephone-based crisis line that is available 24hours a day, every day of the year. Trained volunteer counselors provide multi-lingual counseling in English, Shona and Ndebele.
The Helpline is available by simply calling the child-friendly, easy-to-remember short-code number, 116. 116 is available from all phones operating in Zimbabwe (including fixed Telone landlines and all cell phones despite if you subscribe to Econet, Netone or Telecel mobile networks). To call the Helpline it is free of charge from any phone (toll-free), costing the caller nothing.
All calls made to the Helpline are confidential, and Childline maintains a strict confidentiality policy. Often another number will be recorded on the telephone bill, to hide that a call has been made to 116 to maintain confidentiality.
Childline provides counseling for a wide range of issues and challenges affecting children, including:
- Abuse (physical, emotional, sexual) and child pornography;
- Abuse at school, bullying & harassment;
- Learning & educational problems, access to school & education;
- Neglect, abandonment, homelessness;
- HIV and AIDS information & counselling Relationship problems (with peers, parents/carers) & domestic violence;
- Sexual problems and pregnancy;
- Depression, loneliness & thoughts of suicide;
- Financial problems, begging, child-headed households, child labour & exploitation;
- Divorce, custody, inheritance, & legal concerns.
So call Childline’s 116 Helpline now to be listened to, have access to guidance, information and counselling.
Call us on our free helpline
Free Post Service
Box CY 1400