IF YOU COME TO CHILDLINE, WE PROMISE TO:
- Listen and take you seriously.
- Answer your call at any time, day or night if you call us.
- Provide you with initial advice and counselling to help protect you from your most urgent problems.
- Follow up as quickly as possible, with a priority given to children who are in the most urgent and dangerous situation.
- Refer you to other professionals who can help you if we can’t help you with all your needs.
- Provide you with information that links you to justice officials if you need professional legal assistance.
UNDER THE NATIONAL ACTION PLAN FOR ORPHANS AND VULNERABLE CHILDREN, NGOs PROMISE TO:
- Do our best to protect you right away, especially if you are in an urgent situation.
- Provide you with information about how our organisation helps people.
- Listen to you and really understand your situation.
- Help you understand your rights and issues on the situation you may be in.
- Involve you in planning for your care and services you receive, keep you informed and be available for questions or input you may have.
- Not be angry or blame you.
- Respect your privacy, by only using your information to better protect you and help you get better services.
- Provide counselling to you to help you deal with your situation and feel better.
- Respect your culture, language and religion.
- Assist you to receive services from other organisations, as needed. We promise to do this as soon as possible.