IF YOU COME TO CHILDLINE, WE PROMISE TO:
- Listen and take you seriously.
- Answer your call at any time, day or night if you call us.
- Provide you with initial advice and counselling to help protect you from your most urgent problems.
- Follow up as quickly as possible, with a priority given to children who are in the most urgent and dangerous situation.
- Refer you to other professionals who can help you if we can’t help you with all your needs.
- Provide you with information that links you to justice officials if you need professional legal assistance.
UNDER THE NATIONAL ACTION PLAN FOR ORPHANS AND VULNERABLE CHILDREN, NGOs PROMISE TO:
- Do our best to protect you right away, especially if you are in an urgent situation.
- Provide you with information about how our organisation helps people.
- Listen to you and really understand your situation.
- Help you understand your rights and issues on the situation you may be in.
- Involve you in planning for your care and services you receive, keep you informed and be available for questions or input you may have.
- Not be angry or blame you.
- Respect your privacy, by only using your information to better protect you and help you get better services.
- Provide counselling to you to help you deal with your situation and feel better.
- Respect your culture, language and religion.
- Assist you to receive services from other organisations, as needed. We promise to do this as soon as possible.
Call us on our free helpline
Free Post Service
Box CY 1400